Monday, November 9, 2009

The Three Camps of Christmas




Want to walk into a group of people and immediately stir up controversy? Sing a Christmas song in the middle of November.

Other than national health-care, nothing will polarize a group of people more quickly. There are only three camps:

1. The Buddy-the-Elf:
"OMG! I created my Dean Martin Christmas station on pandora.com two months ago! I've been listening to it and drinking peppermint mocha's from Starbucks every afternoon!"


2. The Traditionalist:
Covers their ears. "No, no! I will hear none of it until after Thanksgiving! You will leave my presence for trying to ruin the sanctity of Christmas by forcing it to precede Black Friday. Now begone with you, and your misguided holiday spirit."


3. The Ebeneezer Scrooge:
"Bah! Christmas. It's nothing but a commercial crock to make us spend money on frivolity and airline tickets. Frankly, my favorite holiday is Boxing Day. Yeah, Boxing Day. It's as far away from sugar-flake-gum-plum's as possible."

I promise, there is no middle ground here. Please, please try this in a very large, very public gathering of people and let me know what you find. :)



Make Buddy proud. You know you want to.



2 comments:

  1. SOOO true! I'm totally the first option, so we should share pandora christmas artists. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely in camp 2. After Thanksgiving, I'm dragging out the decorations and the CDs and my house will be a holiday haven. Until then, I have to grit my teeth every time I go into a store because Christmas elevator music is assaulting me.

    -Jess

    ReplyDelete

"If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all."- Thumper