Thursday, July 30, 2009

Weather


Here is a picture of what greeted me when I got to work this morning. I was estatic. I don't know why I get such a kick out of foggy, rainy weather.
It's cozy, for starters. I love the idea that I can wear something warm. I always find myself wanting to snuggle up with my husband and watch a movie while sipping on a cup of Sleepy Time tea.
But I think the other reason I like this weather is that I read too much. I don't really read typical 20-something fiction. If your main character lives in Manhattan and works for a fashion magizine, I'm highly uninterested in your book. Now, take me to England 500 years ago, and I'm yours! If your characters are wearing cloaks and running around the woods, that's also a plus.
So I guess the real reason that I like this weather is becuase I feel like my imagination is heightened. It's comfortable becuase I've already spent hours here. Well, not here, really. Middle Earth, Scotland, Narnia, Atlantis. I don't know that I would really care to read a book about someone that lives in Palmer Lake.
Tell me you can't see Aragorn riding through that mist.
Or Arthur and his knights starting out their quest for the Holy Grail.
Or an Atlantian princess out for a morning stroll through the hills her father's realm.
Of course you can.
Hmm, I'm sorry, Atlantis is calling, I must answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all."- Thumper