Friday, July 24, 2009

Working in an office Pet Peeve #1


I like that title, this may become a series. We’ll see.

I’m sure anyone that’s ever worked in an office setting has several of these pet peeves. The loud nose-blowing co-worker, coffee grounds in the coffee, the eternally broken copy machine are all common ones. But really, I’ve discovered this one has given me more trouble lately than I care to even admit.

Ask anyone that knows me well, one of the last words you could use to describe me is anal. I’ve come to terms with the fact that the kitchen at work is used by many different people. I understand that not everyone cares to be fastidiously clean. The problem comes when the line is crossed to unsanitary. That’s when I start to get cranky.

I really hate when I go to put my lunch in the microwave…I’m sorry did I say microwave, I mean a 6 sided Jackson Pollock painting with spaghetti sauce and dried re-fried beans and I have trouble fighting my gag reflex. Yummy. That makes me excited to eat lunch!

I don’t understand how difficult it is to cover your food. It takes two seconds. Maybe three if you have to fight with the paper towel holder.

So that’s fine! Leave your nasty food in the fridge to mold! Leave puddles of coffee on the counter! Just cover your soups, casseroles and Italian leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all."- Thumper